Capital Project Manager
The Capital Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the delivery of multiple projects in the Company portfolio within their designated region. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Projects the PM will work closely with the Sales team to meet customer expectations on a particular project within set deadlines. The incumbent will spearhead all-new project activity from the initial planning meeting to the final site handoff with the customer. The Project Manager will drive strong customer service both internally and externally and be successful at ensuring client relationships are well maintained at the market level, all while ensuring project timelines are met and within budget.
- Managing all deployment activities including internal pre-deployment meetings, client deployment meetings to ensure all products lines are developed within the standards set forth by the Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and managing individual project budgets to ensure assigned projects attain an acceptable profit margin and returns on investment.
- Proactively building and maintaining strong customer relationships; maintaining consistent communication and managing customer needs and expectations by meeting project timelines.
- Collaborate with Sales and Program Management to set proper customer expectations and then delivering a quality product on time and within budget.
- Proactively identifying potential risk issues and collaborating cross-functionally to develop a preventative action plan to address them.
- Ensuring repeat business at the market level through sustainable and repeatable processes and performance against customer expectations.
- Ensuring that the department’s goals, objectives, quality standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and met and consistent communication occurs throughout the area of responsibility as well as through the department and across the organization.
- Maintaining milestones within the project database on a daily basis and communicating project updates and timelines to the relevant parties.
- Managing all internal processes and clearances to ensure and document compliance with Company policies and procedures prior to releasing any project to selected vendors.
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety regulatory requirements for all company personnel and 3rd party vendors.
- Managing projects from the initial audit and feasibility stage, scoping to coordination of contractor site works to handover to customer and final site acceptance.
- Overall responsibility for resource management and forward planning with internal parties, customers and suppliers.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management
HR Related Issues:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE Awareness and Action:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Approximately 60% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 40% travel within Tanzania may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the expectations and responsibilities of the position are met.
Education and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- HND/ Degree in Civil, Electrical Engineering and/or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of experience in project managing wireless telecommunication site development, including collocation and site sharing.
- Demonstrated expertise in project/ program management with wireless telecommunication site construction projects through prior experience in network deployment and/ or large-scale construction projects preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry including knowledge of tower citing and construction, engineering, zoning, tenant and ground leases, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent project management skills, site build, refurbishment and operations.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- Excellent financial and budgetary skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Intermediate to expert level Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to manage a wide scope of work.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage for results.
- Proven ability to interact, manage and foster strong and lasting relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Understanding of telecommunications design and construction techniques.
- Demonstrable awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Safe Driving record.
- Valid driver’s license.
Senior Projects Manager
Telecom Services & Equipment: 4 Years
Project & Program Management: 3 Years