Business Development Manager – Distribution
The Incumbent will Develop distribution business by:
- Increasing Market Penetration (MP): increasing geographical penetration of distribution network, adding direct or indirect points of sales, establishing strong brand
- Increasing Store Penetration (SP): increasing sales per point of sale, widening product portfolio, establishing high rotation Hero Products
To identify, qualify and realize sales opportunities by providing solutions towards our customers including sales in complex project environments.
To achieve and / or exceed individual and team sales budget. To build and retain excellent relationship with key accounts.
To ensure professional and business ethic when dealing with customers. Leading of distribution sales team.
Build up of strong key account management relationships with distributors (store penetration)
- Negotiate targets and pricing
- Define action plans including joint marketing activities and trainings
- Follow-up sales and other topics
- Expand product range and rotation
Expand distribution network (market penetration)
- Identify and win new customers
- Ensure presence of products in defined hotspot areas and across the country
Establish a strong distribution brand (market penetration)
- Work closely together with Marketing to build up a strong distribution brand
- Establish Hero Products as high rotation articles
- Ensure strong visual presence at points of sale
Ensure the Sales Process is applied and that the customers are served with solutions
- Prospect and qualify opportunities well in advance (including cross-selling opportunities), sound product know-ledge and ability to quickly assemble information is key
- Understand the customers’ needs
- Ensure that sales opportunities pipeline is updated and filled. Maximize sales efficiency and employment of resources by effective sales
- Map and cover the entire buying centre in complex project environments (architects, engineers, owners, contractors, etc.)
- Ensure systematic follow-up and realization of Close sales.
- Manage objections actively and ensure that brand reputation is
- Retain customers and provide key account management
To meet and exceed Sales Budget/Targets
Monitoring the business environment and market trends.
Ensure information on all present and future major projects in Tanzania, map stakeholders (contractors, owners, specifiers).
Systematic and complete documentation and follow-up of activities, opportunities, projects and stake holders. Ensure on-time delivery of reports for Country Manager and other Corporate functions.
Anticipate customer demands, forecast sales.
Organizing of Seminars, trainings and launches
To plan and conduct product and application systems seminars to customers. Build up applicators’ data base.
Define training plan for relevant stakeholders (applicators, distributors, contractors, specifiers, government agencies).
Manage Key Accounts and Expenses
To assist the Financial Controller with the collection of all money owed to the company
Keeping the Financial Controller informed of any development that may affect the ability of a Debtor to fulfil his obligations to the company.
Control of debtors account.
Control of expenses related to sales.
Lead distribution sales team: set objectives together with Country Manager and pro-actively follow them up Ensure coordination between departments and within sales team to ensure highest possible responsiveness towards customer inquiries.
Oversee all sales activities and customer relationships of team members. Provide guidance and support if necessary.
Develop team members and ensure that there is a proper deputy system in place.
Target Market Responsibility
Take lead of one or two target markets. Define product range and pricing.
Develop marketing and training plan together with Marketing and Direct Sales. Provide forecasting and plan product availability together with Supply Chain. Non-stop learning of solutions we can provide.
To write and submit specifications for solutions where required (in collaboration with Area support functions).
Undertakes such additional duties which may from time to time be assigned to the Employee in the discharge of his / her duties.
To ensure that a correct and proper image of the Company is maintained at all times.
As a senior member of the company an overall interest of the company and being a true leader is required.
Education and Qualifications
- Tertiary sales / marketing or civil engineering qualification
- Affinity / interest for specifying and providing complex solutions within the construction industry Minimum of 5 years of sound sales experience in construction sector (or close sector) and B2B distribution Experience of marketing of products
- Computer skills
- Customer service experience Preferably team lead experience
- Closer mentality, willingness to go the extra mile Self-starter
- Ability to work in internal and international team environment
- Ability to take the lead and to coordinate different departments in order to reply to customer’s needs in due time People’s skills – support, develop and lead sales team in order to get the best out of everyone.
- High organizational skills and a very disciplined attitude. Very good communication skills
- Accuracy in numerical abilities
Construction: 5 Years
Business Development: 5 Years