Area Sales Manager
Support Market Development Representatives (MDRs) to fulfill their respective responsibilities for volume development on all routes in the assigned territory. Shall help to identify, evaluate and allocate resources to maximize sales and to achieve all targets/goals set for the territory. Will regularly route ride to check, supervise and coach MDRs for implementation of bestselling practices including an understanding of customer needs and monitoring market and industry trends
- Driving Business Direction & Strategy development
- Developing sales strategies and plans to achieve sales and profit goals by leading, developing, and motivating MDRs
- Providing ongoing training, motivation, and development of MDRs to ensure that sales and profits are effectively managed and maintained
- Meeting or exceeding targeted sales quotas and productivity standards
- Ensuring compliance with all company, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing plans to drive sales and profit
- Collecting customer feedback and market research on new competition activities in the market.
- On route/ market activity
- Achieve Daily/Weekly and Monthly Volume Target for assigned ar
- Responsible for the expansion of markets to untapped areas and activating Customers within the existing area
- Improve numeric and weighted availability of products and package
- Providing exceptional customer service to all customers daily.
- Convert and track competitor accounts and other non-buyers in the
- Work on improving Merchandising/Brand visibility in the
- Route Ride/visit Market to Check, Supervise, and Coach MDRs to understand market and industry
- Managing company assets and MIS
- Ensure all documentation/ assets agreements in place for Company assets placed in the
- Ensure all assets agreements are signed by both customers and authorized Company representatives.
- Maintain details of Customers, Company Assets, Glass, and signage by Route/Area.
- Identify the location for the new Cooler/Ice Box or Push Carts in the Market.
- Reconcile all assets at regular intervals as per the asset summary list.
- Follow up the Cooler breakdown with the Cooler department and ensure to return it back to the Customer immediately.
- Prepare and submit all weekly and monthly reports as required by management.
- Initiate disciplinary action against MDR for any irregularities observed.
- Report the expired DCs/stockists contracts and process for renewal.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- The absence of Customers complaints from the market
- Business Volume
- Availability of all brands in the market
- Timely submission of Sales and Market report to Sales Manager
- Increase of new customers
- Correct and timely submission of sales reports.
- Cooler Placement
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in similar responsibilities.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with and influencing other people
- Ability to consult and negotiate with both internal and external customers
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well with little supervision
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 4 Years
Sales: 4 Years