Analyst, Mobile Saving and Lending Applications
This role is responsible for the provision of analysis and application support to the Mobile Saving and Lending Application of the bank
Daily COB Services
To execute all Daily COB (Close of Business) activities performed across the Core Banking Systems as per the documented procedures.
To provide 1st Level Support and ensure the resolution of service incidents reported to the Unit, and/or provision of appropriate workarounds for incidents escalated as problems within the agreed SLA.
To escalate problems and continuously engage with the 2nd level or 3rd level support to ensure timely resolution of all escalated system faults/bugs on the Core Banking and other Business Systems.
Perform day-to-day administration duties across the Core Banking and Business systems platforms so as to ensure system stability and consistent levels of service delivery
Analysis, design and generation of various reports in an accurate manner and distribute in an effective and timely manner. development initiatives that will grow the team’s knowledge and skills.
Decision Making Authority
- Make execution decisions on day-to-day support incidents.
- Prioritize faults/incidents for resolution or escalate and liaise with vendor on delivery of solutions.
- Determine whether to resolve an issue, escalate it to other analysts/seniors or to a vendor and whether to inform senior management of an incident.
- Propose changes by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and change activities.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determining the appropriate software, procedures and resolution steps required to provide specific long term solutions.
- To provide 1st Level Support and ensure the resolution of service incidents reported to the Unit, and/or provision of appropriate workarounds for incidents escalated as problems within the agreed SLA
- Execute all Daily COB activities performed across the Core Banking Systems as per the documented procedures
- Identify, propose and evaluate improvements on the daily COB activities, systems, functionality and other processes with a view of identifying areas that can be optimized or automated
- Review updates, test and implement changes and/or enhancements in compliance with the Change Management Policy
- Execute System integration testing and subsequent implementation of system upgrades, hotfixes, patch releases
- Participate in the design and testing programmes to ensure efficacy of business continuity and disaster recovery plans in support of IT and business strategies.
- Ensure that root cause analysis is carried out and documented in a knowledgebase that is shared across the team for all incidents
- Ensure that all known service problems have problem management processes in place i.e. business acceptable workarounds are in place in the interim and that permanent resolutions are delivered within defined and agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure continual service improvement by carrying out research in new technologies, industry best practices & innovations and providing recommendations to Manager, IT Support Operations in the provision of IT support.
- Ensure processes and procedures for all key activities are documented and updated accordingly
- Work closely with other analysts, IT management and users of all systems.
- Provide input into IT initiatives and annual planning processes
- Technical skills to effectively perform IT support activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produces high quality of service.
- Demonstrable track record in the complete systems analysis cycle and relational database design skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of internal customers and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, good time management skill, prudent prioritization and effective structuring of work assignments.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Innovative and enterprising in order to identify and accept change opportunities and effectively forecast impact of change and advice/implement interventions to mitigate risk.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software engineering or related field.
- ITIL Foundation certificate.
- One or more IT certifications such as in Microsoft systems, UNIX or Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with 2 years in an IT service support, systems analyst or service management role within a large highly digitized organization managing mission critical systems.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a busy IT environment as a systems analyst with hands on role in enterprise database management, application management and relational database design.
- Minimum 2 years support of the current core banking system in the bank (T24) and certification or recognized approved training in the same.
- Good understanding of the financial services and how IT contributes to the success of the financial institutions.
- Sound knowledge of Information technology and related support architectures
IT Applications Manager