Administrator, Human Resources
The Human Resources (HR) Administrator's main responsibility will be to maintain and update employee records, as well as manage various HR documents and internal databases. The HR Administrator is responsible for administrative duties in support of the HR Manager and department ensuring a high level of organization and customer service.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the HR team including processing invoices and expense reports, generating correspondences for internal communication, managing leave applications, medicals and employee record filing. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing and supporting employee engagement programs and to provide support to the compensation computation among other things.
The HR Administrator must display a high level of customer service and attention to detail, a sense of urgency, ability to maintain confidentiality and be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, filing electronic and hard copy and tracking deadlines.
- Respond to various queries from managers and employees, and from other agencies or departments. Administer criminal and background checks.
- Maintain employee file records to keep them up-to-date and handling changes in employee status in a timely manner. Ensure effective submission and proper approvals of expenses and handle adjustments to expense claims respectively.
- Prepare paperwork needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll.
- Serve as central point of contact for all employee paperwork coming through the HR department. Monitor, review, track and forward paperwork for processing, ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of data.
- Serve as central point of contact for various HR programs. Responsible for keeping office supplies stocked. Ensure accuracy and timely management of all employee leaves of absence (time off requests, sick time) and follow ups. Review and renew company policies and legal compliance.
- Communication with external partners.
- Be the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries.
- Assist with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken.
- Help with various arrangements internally. Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, management or a business-related field.
- Understanding various HR software systems, like HRMS.
- Computer literate with programmes such as word, excel, etc.
- Good understanding of labour laws.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Interpersonal with good communicative skills
- Head of Human Resources and Administration
Human Resource (HR): 2 Years
Admin & Clerical: 3 Years