The Administrative Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative support to the company, handling administrative tasks and providing customer service. The incumbent will also act as the point of contact for all employees and managing their queries.
This role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including receiving and forwarding communications, taking care of more general clerical duties and ultimately, ensure administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner, e.g. receive, process and prioritize communication channels, including email, phone, and physical mail. Handle, distribute, and file correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages).
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Conduct research on project matters as needed.
- Format information for internal and external communications – memos, emails, presentations, reports. Organize and maintain the office filing system.
- Answer queries by employees and clients.
- Maintain and operate office equipment like printers and copy machines, as well as other equipment to ensure functionality and engage with respective vendors as necessary.
- Ensure vehicles/car fleet is properly maintained and functioning, e.g. contract maintenance and renewals, insurance, inspection. Where applicable, maintain driver overview and schedule.
- Manage office supply stock; check inventory, place orders, and work with vendors and internal departments to get cost approval and ensure the timely purchase and delivery.
- Manage utility usage (electricity, water, etc.) by taking records of consumption and forecasting consumption.
- Work with vendors and procurement to ensure stable sufficiency of utilities.
- Provide assistance in organizing events, including but not limited to ordering materials and securing meeting spaces as well as respective transportation arrangements.
- Proactively manage the relationship between the Company and vendors such as facility management, to supplier for office products and equipment, transportation, accommodation and catering.
- Manage the office's space and meeting room arrangements, including cleaning service vendors, office maintenance services, food and beverage supply as applicable.
- Provide support to staff members as requested and support with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practices.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behaviour are always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- A higher diploma and additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a C-Level Assistant, Personal Assistant or demonstrated excellent knowledge in working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Highly organized, proactive individual with great time management skills who is able to act without guidance.
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Good organization, self-motivated, time management and scheduling skills.
- Basic bookkeeping experience.
- Experiencing using office management software, including word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven experience being able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn how to use standard office equipment, such as modern phone systems and copy machines.
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to make phone calls, emails, and other communications with clients
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team
Telecommunication: 2 Years
Admin & Clerical: 2 Years