Accounts Receivable Officer
The Account receivable Officer is responsible for following up on all financial transactions related to the company's accounts receivable.
- Generate invoices, account statements and ensure timely delivery of invoices to clients
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting
- Report on Aged Receivables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Support month end reporting process
- Provide accounts information to internal departments and clients
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Assist in opening of new client accounts while verifying all the necessary supporting information is in order
- Maintain accounts receivable files and records.
- Report on possible accounts problems to be solved by management
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of Bachelors / Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- CPA will be an advantage
- A minimum of three years in similar roles and industry (preferred)
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships at all levels
- Ability to reconcile accounts and with attention to detail
- Competency in Microsoft Office especially excel
- General ledger entry and maintenance
- Prior experience with Accounting systems (SAP/SAGE will be an advantage)
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations · Able to work without supervision yet be part of a broader team
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection
- Good accounting and local tax law knowledge
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Goal and deadline driven.
- High Level of integrity.
Logistics & Operations: 3 Years