Accounts Receivable Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for providing financial and administrative duties relating to accounts receivable (customer invoicing and collections), ensuring effective, efficient and accurate financial operations.
The incumbent oversees the maintenance of supporting records ensuring compliance with company policies and external regulations. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator must follow controls to meet both internal and external audit requirements in addition to supporting prevailing company policies and procedures.
- Work within the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Receivable function.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of Accounts Receivable data.
- Manage the collection of all customer receivables and develop strong relationship with all customers to resolve any queries or overdue debt issues.
- Manage issuance of credit notes, with appropriate authorization.
- Liaise with sales and lease accounting teams on billing and collection issues so as to handle customer’s enquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensure an accurate and efficient monthly closing of Accounts Receivable financial records and posting of month end information.
- Ensure the accuracy of Accounts Receivable information impacting upon the financial statements.
- Prepare monthly Aged Debtors report, ageing analyses and unapplied receipts
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reports (revenue, accruals etc.).
- Maintain monthly statement of reconciliation on all account receivable related balances to support end of month financial close processes.
- Provide periodic inputs for cash flow report and forecast as required.
- Strive for continuous improvement within Accounts Receivables.
- Provide support to Management on ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Maintain appropriate tax records where applicable in regard to Accounts Receivable.
- Provide back-up for other finance activities as required.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, or in a related field preferred.
- Minimum three years’ Accounts Receivable experience.
- Working with an ERP, preferably MS Dynamics Great Plains.
- Working in a multi-national organization.
- Experience of ERP systems, MS Dynamics Great Plains knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and accurate financial skill
- Able to multitask, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization, including senior management, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be occasions that require working beyond the standard working week to ensure the position’s responsibilities are met
- Finance Operations Manager
Telecommunication: 2 Years
Finance: 2 Years
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 2 Years