To maintain accurate financial records by collecting, recording, and analyzing financial transactions and by maintaining proper books of entry. Ensure the business has sufficient cash to achieve its objectives. Participate as a key player implementing the company’s finance operating manuals and ensure compliance with all the company’s procedures and processes, statutory compliance. Ensure the safeguarding of the company’s resources including inventory, cash, and office equipment.
- Posting of end to end accounting transactions and ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger
- Preparation of the business operations report on an ongoing basis and ensuring the accuracy of the B.O.T. data.
- Ensure effective and efficient weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash forecasting to ensure that the business's cash flow is predictable and that the business has sufficient cash to run its operations efficiently.
- Ensure proper management of the organization’s petty cash always endeavoring to create a risk-free environment.
- Develop and implement collection strategies always ensuring collection targets set out in the KPIs are met and even surpassed.
- Manage the organization’s payables always creating a balance between ensuring the suppliers are satisfied and motivated to supply to the company and the organization has sufficient cash balance to operate.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements as stipulated by all the government regulatory agencies in Tanzania. This includes ensuring timely and accurate filing of all statutory returns.
- Oversee the management of the company’s stocks in the warehouse, stock-taking every month, monitoring re-order levels and always ensuring the company has sufficient stocks of coolers, spare parts, and accessories to effectively and efficiently serve customers.
- Ensure accurate recording of inventory transactions in the system and reconciling physical stocks against the system stock card on a regular basis.
- Perform accounting reconciliations including but not limited to Bank reconciliations, Stock reconciliations, and Intercompany reconciliations.
- Ensuring a proper filing system is in place for all Finance related aspects of the business.
Education and Qualifications
- Business-related degree (Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Finance etc)
- Accounting Certification (ACCA or CPA)
- At least 3 years working as an Accountant
- Process-oriented, structured with attention to detail, get it done attitude and a strong desire to significantly grow in his/her career.
- Solid knowledge of the business operating environment in Tanzania
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 2 Years
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 3 Years