Lead the accounting department and ensure all accounting procedures are followed.
- Ensuring the proper filing of all financial transactions.
- Preparing weekly debtors/creditors ageing reports and ensuring collections are done timely
- Ensuring all trips are billed and collected
- Preparing and submitting all tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Following up on payment legal receipts according to Tanzanian tax law.
- Ensuring all transactions are promptly and correctly captured and posted to company accounts, in compliance with the company’s chart of accounts and financial policies.
- Reconciling all staff advance accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of timely financial reports and any ad hoc financial reports.
- Ensuring that all accounting and corporate documentation is filed in accordance with Tanzanian document retention rules and internal information policy.
- Responsible for the daily administration of financial and accounting practices
- Perform accounting duties, budgeting and costing control
- Responsible for costing of production.
- Responsible for preparing and verifying the payroll of the company.
- Assist management in preparing documentation for budgeting and financial reporting procedures
- Interpret the statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost, budgets, and policies of operation, trends, and increased profit possibilities
- Analyze and interpret monthly operating or project performance against budget
- Budget compilation and control with analysis of monthly reports against budgets
- General improvement of the accounting system of the organization.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
4 Year’s experience in Accounting field
Logistics & Operations: 2 Years
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 3 Years