Access Control Sales Specialist
This position will be responsible for calling on distributors, end-users, architects, consultants, system integrators, installers, and more. The job holder will promote and sell the full range of Company's Digital and Access Solution products for all retail, commercial, and ‘project’ purposes
- Management and coordination of various organizational functional areas for the business unit
- Forecast sales target monthly with Managing Director
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding set sales targets
- Create a new distribution network & Increase value to the existing chain
- Develop & execute the brand plan
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Create, develop and close new business opportunities
- Work with the marketing and leadership team to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
- Build a portfolio of clients, both existing and new
- Maintain accurate customer and proposal records
- Prepare and deliver technical sales presentations and demonstrations showing the capabilities of the product range
- Contract negotiation and management of customer expectations
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing clients to ensure that return business is generated
- Provide the most appropriate solution to satisfy your client’s requirements
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Provide accurate forecasting and activity information to the DAS Director on a planned and agreed basis
- Achieving budgeted (as a minimum) product revenue and margin – monthly & yearly.
- Achieving targeted product market share.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Present sales pipeline and target reports to business stakeholders
- Become and remain fully skilled in all existing and new technologies offered by theCompany
- Conduct sales calls, presentations, architect CPD’s etc
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting
- Handles end to end solutions for clients (from cold call to installation and debt collection)
- Emphasis but not limited to the following brands within the company Portfolio Impro, Incedo, Aperio, Entrematic, Abloy, Mul-T-lock, Tesa, Digi, Cliq, eCliq, Traka, IDS, All Yale Smart Living products (CCTV, Digital Door Locks, etc), other entrance systems and perimeter security products, etc.
- Ad hoc activities to meet company requirements
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with courses in construction management, architectural design, IT, and computer systems is highly desirable
- 3+ years sales experience in CCTV, Access Control, Security Installer, Construction or Building Materials industry.
- 2+ year sales management role
- You are a self-starter and entrepreneur with an appetite for challenges
- You are a quick learner with eager to read up on the various products
- You have the ability to think strategically and be hands-on simultaneously, with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the industry and the roles of end-user -owner, architect, construction manager, general contractor, MEP consultants, quantity surveyors etc.
- Proven track record in distributor management and supported field sales in the mentioned region
- You are a committed person that knows how to win over business partners to manage professionally and generate growth in a structured manner
- Ability to read and understand specifications and facility standards.
- Strong communication, time management, negotiation, and follow-up skills
- Technical aptitude in building construction, electro-mechanical and IT networking desired
- Ability to demonstrate sales leadership and confidence during presentations
- Ability to quickly grasp technical information.
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent communications skills (English and Swahili)
- Ability to build solid professional relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and passport required
- Must have a working cell phone
- Must be punctual and abide by company policies
IT & Software: 3 Years